Tell me about AS19111

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Feb 9 08:33:16 UTC 2020

Sorry to follow up on myself, but it seems that one figure I gave
here regarding the value of the IPv4 space that was gifted to
AFRINIC at its inception was off by roughly an order of magnitude.

I said that at its inception, AFRINIC had been gifted with two /8
IPv4 blocks with a current open market value in excess of $250
million USD.

Checking now, I see that the following blocks are all assigned to
ORG-AFNC1-AFRINIC, which is AFRINIC itself:

41.0.0.0/8
45.192.0.0/12
45.208.0.0/13
45.216.0.0/14
45.220.0.0/15
45.222.0.0/16
102.0.0.0/8
105.0.0.0/8
154.0.0.0/8
196.0.0.0/7

Note: This isn't even counting certain other legacy blocks that AFRINIC
also inherited, back in February of 2005, from other regions, specifically
ARIN and RIPE.

Anyway, the above blocks represent a total of 102,694,912 unique IPv4
addresses.

Assuming a current average market value of $25 USD per address, that
works out to a total value of some $2,567,372,800 USD, or in round
numbers, $2.6 billion USD.

Just wanted to correct the record.  My apologies for my earlier error.

Regards,
rfg