ISPs are hit hardest by COVID-19 disruption

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Fri Aug 7 05:27:49 UTC 2020

On 7/Aug/20 04:46, surfer wrote:

> Not that I have seen.  Ours held up just fine.  No more and no less
> than normal stuff.  We had to do the 'traffic shuffle' (a new dance
> move; no really! :) but that's it.  They quote numbers like they know
> every outage on every ISP's network, though.

Despite the telecoms industry being what it is nowadays, I'd say most
ISP's, globally, have actually benefited from people needing to use the
infrastructure more than ever.

Even for operators that may have lost some customers, revenues were
actually up.

Telecoms research consultants are paid to write reports. There is no
actual requirement for them to know what we really do.

Mark.