Abuse Desks

Matt Corallo nanog at as397444.net
Wed Apr 29 06:40:16 UTC 2020

Sadly dumb kids are plentiful. If you have to nag an abuse desk every time they sell a server to a kid who’s experimenting with nmap for the first time then.... we’ll end up exactly where we are - abuse contacts are not a reliable way to get in touch with anyone, and definitely not a reliable way to do so fast or with any reasonably large network. Please don’t clog the otherwise-useful system.

If you have trouble sleeping at night, I’d recommend the “PasswordAuthentication no” option in sshd_config.

Matt