IPAM recommendations

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sun Sep 8 09:51:37 UTC 2019

I actually did recently, to potentially migrate from phpipam, but I couldn't
even drive the IPAM thing :(
Just saying, in phpipam I didn't have any trouble figuring out basic stuff
like how to name a subnet, assign IP to A-side host and B-side host on a p2p
link with /31 (or /30) subnet, or how to create children off of a parent
block in no time.
Though what I like about 6conenc is that its insanely customizable and I
like the automatic chopping of subnet to equal sized blocks and ability to
merge etc., but... as I said couldn't drive even the basic stuff...
And regarding the automation capabilities -I actually like the full blown
ONAP style automation better.

adam