Weekly Routing Table Report

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Sep 2 13:33:56 UTC 2019

Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> This time I waited for 768,000. (Everyone happy now?)

I thought the magic number for breaking old Cisco gear was 786432
(768 * 1024) ... there was a panic about it earlier this year but growth
slowed so it didn't happen as soon as they feared.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/some-internet-outages-predicted-for-the-coming-month-as-768k-day-approaches/

But looking at https://twitter.com/bgp4_table I see we passed the higher
thresold (by some metrics) last month without any apparent routing
failures so maybe the old Cisco gear isn't very important any more!

Tony.
North Foreland to Selsey Bill: Southwesterly veering westerly, 4 or 5,
occasionally 6 at first in east. Smooth or slight, becoming slight,
occasionally moderate. Showers later. Good.