FCC Takes Steps to Enforce Quality Standards for Rural Broadband

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Thu Oct 31 18:07:06 UTC 2019

As someone working for one of those Rural Broadband providers, this
has been of more than passing interest. What will show up when the
testing commences will be interesting.
What has most people (from anecdotal observation) concerned is that we
are usually more than one or two carriers out from an IXP where the
speed test server will be, and don't have a lot of influence on paths
and carriers that we aren't directly connected with.

The basic premise makes sense - "We're paying you federal tax monies
to provide a certain level of service or better to these areas - you
ought to be able to demonstrate that you are providing service to that
level."

It's the mechanics that tend to get people tied up in knots.

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_