Unable to email anyone from my primary domain name; thanks Google Mail and G Suite.

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Thu Oct 24 00:35:53 UTC 2019

> On Oct 23, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Constantine A. Murenin <mureninc at gmail.com> wrote:

I’d recommend posting this over on the mailop list as well.  Lots of discussions about issues like this there.

I too send myself various cron/*nix emails.  The difference is I send to my own domain on my own server so I don’t see the issues you do. (Or rather if I do, I can control them)

Funny enough, I had a script that shot off an email with the malicious domains (blacklist) it had updated for a squid proxy that I run.  I had to do some rejiggering to get this through, if I recall Spamassassin specifically viewed it as highly radioactive.

Bigger picture, I think that (unfortunately) we will see more and more problems like this.  With the large providers running so much (as you mentioned - “monoculture”), and their services tending toward the “black box”… I don’t know what the answer is.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: