Optical training

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Tue Oct 1 21:05:55 UTC 2019

FiberU (https://fiberu.org) has a lot of decent free training materials. Their emphasis is on physical installation, but they do cover DWDM, Bi-Di, and related physics in some of their videos. If you’re looking for DWDM design and provisioning, you’ll probably have to pay for vendor-specific courses.

Here’s the FiberU syllabus that covers optical fiber testing along with DWDM and OTDR.

https://fiberu.org/OSP/LP8.html

 -mel