HPE SAS Solid State Drives - Critical Firmware Upgrade Required

Paul Nash paul at nashnetworks.ca
Wed Nov 27 23:22:05 UTC 2019

I’ve been bitten by these sorts of issues before, so I tend to swap one OEM drive in every RAID-1 pair with a retail drive from (if possible) a different vendor.  When I re-purpose servers, I try to use drives from two different vendors in each array.  That way, if a drive barfs for any intrinsic reason, things keep working.

This can impact performance, but is cheap insurance.

	paul