99% of HK internet traffic goes thru uni being fought over?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Wed Nov 20 23:12:56 UTC 2019

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 1:41 PM, bzs at theworld.com wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the replies. My conclusion is that no one here
> knows whether HKIX handles 99% of internet traffic for HK or not.

That’s incorrect.  I’m here, and I know that:

1) HKIX does not handle anywhere near 99% of Hong Kong’s Internet traffic.

2) Much of HKIX is in TKO anyway, rather than up at the CUHK campus.

3) CUHK isn’t the university where the protests are anyway, that’s Hong Kong Polytechnic.

4) CUHK is way up in the New Territories. HK Polytechnic is in Tsim Sha Tsui.  TKO is way off in the east. These are all about as far apart as it’s possible to get in Hong Kong.

                                -Bill