Disney+ Streaming

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 13 02:34:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 15:32 -0800, Matthew Petach wrote:
> My point was that Disney has a lock on much of the content kids love.

Which was, until Disney+, on Netflix.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/12/4/3727688/netflix-streaming-rights-new-disney-marvel-pixar-movies

> Netflix/HBO/AmazonPrime, not so much.

The above article (and the number of kids in my life with their
eyeballs constantly glued to TV screens) says otherwise.

> So, the new eyeballs aren't going to be from parents watching
> different
> shows, it'll be from parents watching their adult-ish stuff, while
> the kids
> are happily ensconced with Disney+.

But those little eyeballs aren't new.  They have already been watching
as much streaming as their parents would allow -- unrestricted in
probably too many cases.

> I called out Game of Thrones and Good Omens as shows that are popular
> with
> adults but that aren't terribly family friendly, so you won't be
> getting
> many 12-and-unders watching them.

No, instead they were already watching the ass-barn-load of kids
content that is on the existing streaming services.

b.