ICMPv6 "too-big" packets ignored (filtered ?) by Cloudflare farms

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Mar 12 18:00:30 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 7:55 PM <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> This was on Trio and sorry I should have clarified we did test with default L3+L4 keys on MPLS labelled packets -default in Junos (as baseline).
> And then repeated the test using flow labels -which forced Trio to ignore the L3+L4 keys and act solely on flow label.
> PPS performance wise we couldn’t really tell the difference (was in the noise).

Are you sure we are talking about same thing. This thread is about
20bit IPv6 header Flow Label. I feel like you're talking about FAT
pseudowires?

By default JNPR will in pseudowire transit look for IP keys, with or
without FAT. Optionally it can look even with existence of CW.  You
need to specifically ask it not to look for IP keys in pseudowires or
add CW (and not explicitly tell it to look).

--
  ++ytti