spam and GDPR (was something else)

Robert Kisteleki robert at ripe.net
Mon Jun 3 07:43:43 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-02 00:51, Mark Rousell wrote:
> On 31/05/2019 16:02, Niels Bakker wrote:
>> Which is why we now have GDPR.  Care, or get fined.
>
> Not quite so simple, though, is it. If you want to make a complaint then
> you have to get your EU national data protection regulator interested.

What seems to help in individual cases is to reply to real but otherwise
unwanted mails and remind the sender of GDPR violation. I got several
sources to stop sending me such mails. When using a templated answer, it
takes 5 seconds to do so.

Also, the correspondence may come handy later, should evidence need to
be presented.

Robert