Cisco wifi signal fluctuations

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:01:06 UTC 2019

hi,

do you have any of the WLC settings on such as dynamic power
assignment (which allows the controller to work out neighbour cell
coverage
and reduce the signal to stop much overlap).  which 5GHz channels are
being used - if you're using those in DFS space then RADAR detection
means that DAC will kick in and the APs will be changing channel
(which of course, means they'll be doing some clear channel assessment
before
coming back.   is the SSID still doing WPA?  If so, any MAC check
failures from a dodgy client will cause the AP to enact counter
measures etc etc
really, I'd suggest turning on much logging for this area/building ,
slap it all into a simple ELK setup (just spin one up from available
docker compose
files if needed) - and then browse the resulting dataset with Kibana
etc to see whats going on.

or go and do a proper wireless survey and fix it from base level up  :)

alan