QoS for Office365

Brian Knight ml at knight-networks.com
Wed Jul 10 00:58:54 UTC 2019

> On Jul 9, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>

>> On 9/Jul/19 16:18, Ross Tajvar wrote:
>> I think the difficulty lies in appropriately marking the traffic. Like
>> Joe said, the IPs are always changing.
>
> Does anyone know if they are reasonably static in an Express Route scenario?
>
> Mark.

Yes, the IPs used on the ExpressRoute connection are whatever is chosen for the internal IP scheme of the VPC. ExpressRoute is a VPN connection into that internal side of a VPC.  On our carrier (MegaPort), ExpressRoute looks similar to an Option A NNI connection. BGP is used for routing.

The source IPs on packets crossing out of the VPC onto the Azure-provided Internet may or may not be static, but internally they are usually static RFC 1918 addresses.

We’ve been using ExpressRoute for our own office systems and a small handful of customers for about two years now. However, we don’t use diffserv on ExpressRoute, so can’t comment on that.

-Brian