CDN question

Tim Wilson tim.vanderwilson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 18:50:28 UTC 2019

Hi, folks,

I have a question to you as experienced auditory.

What is the advantages and disadvantages of building your own CDN (mainly,
in USA, Brazil and Australia)? We are running a website and using CDNs for
a while to delivery static content. Few guys brought this question for a
tech review. And I'm curious of opinion of people who maybe did that.

So far one of the bit advantages I see is distribution of authoritative
DNS. But it is a bit too low for building and running CDN.

Will appreciate any opinion shared privately or on this list.

Thanks.

Tim