Top Posting Was: Re: plaintext email?

James R Cutler james.cutler at consultant.com
Tue Jan 15 20:10:10 UTC 2019

On Jan 15, 2019, at 1:06 PM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> By the way, have you changed and memorized all your passwords for this
> month yet?

No, I do not follow a predictable rhythm in changing passwords. Some change frequently, some change infrequently.

I only remember my login password, my iDevice PINs, and my 1Password password. 1Password generates and remembers all the rest.

Changing passwords frequently is not effective if passwords are re-used between multiple sites. This continues to be the number one rule the I try to inculcate in my clients.