The future of transport in the metro area

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sun Aug 4 00:16:30 UTC 2019

On 8/3/19 6:58 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> We are seeing requests from as low as 600km, up to 1,600km, all the way
> to 7,000km.

Those are definitely longer distances than I was inquiring about.  I was
asking for distances in the range of more like 100km.

Those distances are firmly into the amplified territory and getting into
territory were you're likely to need full RRR stops in at least a couple
places.  Maybe not with coherent optics especially on NZDS fiber...maybe.

--
Brandon Martin