bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Oct 4 17:01:33 UTC 2018

re: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

from a side convo with a well known sec researcher:

>> saw that a couple of years back when apple tossed them out.  so who
>> do we know that is for sure not poisoned.  and therein lies the rub.
> Yup

truth is, i am surprised they had to add a chip, and one of the larger
dies was not already trojaned.

have visions of the chinese implant on box A fighting with the american
implant on box B with occasional jabs from the israelis from box C.

what i would love to see/know is how apple tries to vet the macs made in
shenzhen.

randy