CVV (was: Re: bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling)

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Fri Nov 9 17:08:34 UTC 2018

On 11/08/2018 07:50 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Signatures are no longer required for chip card transactions in the US,
> except I think for transactions where the auth is done on the amount
> before an added tip (restaurants).

Signatures are required for chip card transactions above a certain
dollar amount, with that dollar amount varying from merchant to
merchant.  I ran into this at the Sprint store when I used a chip card
to pay $800+ for my company's overdue wireless bill, and I had to apply
pen to paper by hand.  And I didn't do my usual response to "sign here":
draw a triangle and put "yield" in it.