Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 29 07:20:36 UTC 2018

On 29/May/18 08:36, Ben Cannon wrote:

> Then Africa in particular is specifically disadvantaged - I spent a good deal of time in Haiti and 4G connectivity was abundant at good speeds, as were terrestrial fiber connections.

Haiti isn't exactly a large country.

Africa has a ton of countries Haiti could fit into 3 times over, if not
more.

> Mirrors my experience in half a dozen other 3rd world countries.

Never quite understood (or like) the term "3rd world", but...

>   Unless there’s something particularly oppressive about Africa?

There is a meeting in Cape Town coming up in September, AfPIF (Africa
Peering & Interconnect Forum). If you have some time to kill and a bit
of dosh lying around, come down and have a look at what all the fuss is
about :-).

Mark.