Segment Routing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 22 14:43:40 UTC 2018

On 22/May/18 16:35, Saku Ytti wrote:

> My first google hit shows IPv6 support:
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/example-configuring-spring-srgb.html

I meant as a field deployment in an operator network, and not what
documentation says code can do.

> I think there may be some confusing with MPLS and IPv6 dataplane
> carrying IPv4/IPv6. MPLS dataplane seems to support in JunOS both IPv4
> and IPV6 labeled prefixes. IPv6 dataplane I could not be less
> interested in, I think it's trash.

Well, I want to forward IPv6 traffic in an MPLS data plane, the same way
I am currently forwarding IPv4 and Ethernet traffic in an MPLS data
plane. And I want to do this as ships-in-the-night to avoid shared risk
by combining 2 protocols into one (the way 6PE depends on IPv4, for
example).

If IPv6 traffic is being forwarded in the core purely on labels
(generated purely either by LDPv6 or SRv6, and not by
6PE-and-friends-type sorcery), then I can disable BGPv6 in the core.

Mark.