USB Ethernet Adapters

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Mon May 14 18:04:05 UTC 2018

We have been recommending the AmazonBasics ones for this. The reason is
because they are cheap and reliable, and everyone has Amazon Prime. I have
not tested the VLAN functionality under Windows, but the adapter itself
works fine under Windows, and the VLAN functionality works fine under RHEL.

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 12:57 PM TJ Trout <tj at pcguys.us> wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BBD7NFU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> and
>

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4S587K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> have both been working great for me on windows ten using an xps 13
>
> TJ
>
> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Our new laptops like most do not have an Ethernet adapter build in as
> they
> > are too slim. What USB to Ethernet adapter do you recommend and why?
> > Ideally it would be compatible with Windows 10, and have the ability to
> set
> > speed, duplex and VLAN IDs if possible.

Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer