What are people using for IPAM these days?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Jun 13 00:01:55 UTC 2018

--- C-Mack.McBride at charter.com wrote:
From: "McBride, Mack" <C-Mack.McBride at charter.com>

If you are managing more than a thousand IPs allocations
spreadsheets are not manageable for IPv4.

---------------------------------
I managed a /15, two /16s and several /24s (so, well
over a quarter million IPs) on a spreadsheet for years.
So, that's an 'it depends' answer.
----------------------------------

From: "McBride, Mack" <C-Mack.McBride at charter.com>

Allocations, not IPs.  And yes if they are reasonably
static an excel spreadsheet can go higher.

Yes, an "it depends" answer.  But I was well in excess
of 1000 IPs.  Sure everyone's correct on the limits in
a rapidly growing company with lots of churn, but I was
responding to the "If you are managing more than a
thousand IPs allocations spreadsheets are not manageable
for IPv4" comment.

scott