YANG daemeon for Linux

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Tue Jul 31 17:19:49 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 01:18:47PM -1000, David Cornejo wrote:

> I am unaware of any open source software that implements a complete
> solution for parsing the YANG into a model, allowing the manipulation of
> that models data, and configuring the system to match that model.

pyangbind (https://github.com/robshakir/pyangbind) can be used to generate
Python classes that you can bind data to.

This isn't Linux-specific, but it is possible to input a YANG model, and
some external data, and produce a usable Python data structure.

napalm-yang (https://github.com/napalm-automation/napalm-yang) is an example
of doing this via NAPALM output via profiles that handle the parsing to/from
device native data structures, with differing levels of support:
https://napalm-yang.readthedocs.io/en/latest/root/supported_models/index.html#profiles

--
Brandon Ewing                                     (nicotine at warningg.com)