unwise filtering policy on abuse mailboxes

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:47:33 UTC 2018

I bet you can search the nanog list archive and find this very discussion
topic surface about ever 8-12 months...
folk always fall in this trap (or a form of it):
  "Welp, we've had 1 too many people in $CORP get infected via email, spam
filter all the things!!!"
    ... wait...
  "Oh, yea duh.. our spam/abuse alias can't block spam.. because people
will send us email they get that has spam/viruses/etc in it..whoops!!"

this 'always' happens, and we discuss it every 8-12 months.