Proving Gig Speed

K. Scott Helms kscott.helms at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:00:09 UTC 2018

That's absolutely a concern Mark, but most of the CPE vendors that support
doing this are providing enough juice to keep up with their max
forwarding/routing data rates.  I don't see 10 Gbps in residential Internet
service being normal for quite a long time off even if the port itself is
capable of 10Gbps.  We have this issue today with commercial customers, but
it's generally not as a much of a problem because the commercial CPE get
their usage graphed and the commercial CPE have more capabilities for
testing.

Scott Helms