Proving Gig Speed

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 17 12:08:29 UTC 2018

On 17/Jul/18 09:49, James Bensley wrote:

> Also I recommend you test to a server on you network near to your
> peering & transit edge. This way users can test up to the point where
> you would have over the "The Internet" and have no further control.
> Testing to a server off-net (like off-net Ookla tells me nothing in my
> opinion).

In our market, users don't care about the server that is 1ms away. They
want to test the one which is 170ms, because that is where the gaming
network sits. And heaven forbid that 170ms server does not return their
full 1Gbps subscription report, never mind the state of its affairs, or
who's running (if anyone even remembered it's there).

Mark.