IP Dslams

Carl Peterson carl-lists at portnetworks.com
Mon Dec 31 21:45:57 UTC 2018

I'd consider breaking down the two functions.
Set up your customer connections using ADSL Ethernet, etc and put each unit
in the building on its own CVLAN.  This should never change even when the
subscribers in the unit change.  This way you can configure it once and
never touch it again.  I'd use Calix G.fast but I have no idea what your
budget/wiring looks like and I'm not sure where their e3-48 and E5-48 are
in general availability.

Then hand the SVLAN with all the CVLANs off to the BNG and authenticate the
circuits using IPoE.  Waystream has an ASR6000 switch with BNG
functionalities (I've never used it, just came across it when looking for
other options to replace my MX BNG.