Auto-reply from Yahoo...

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Dec 20 21:14:04 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 12:20:10PM -0700, Grant Taylor via NANOG wrote:
> I would have thought (read: expected) that the nanog-owner at nanog.com email
> address would have gone to the list owners.

It should.  If it doesn't, then the mail system is broken.  Note that
the -owner address is supported by Mailman (which runs these lists) and
that it will generate an alias for that -- among others -- when the
list is created.

> I agree that there should be an easy way to contact list owners.  Hence the
> standard convention of $LIST-owner address / alias.

Yes.  Y'know, on my never-ending todo list there's an item to write an
update to RFC 2142 with that in it.  And possibly "listmaster" as the
role address for the keeper-of-all-mailing-lists.

---rsk