Spam on NANOG (was "Unsolicited LinkedIn requests")

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Wed Dec 12 04:56:15 UTC 2018

While I agree that some of the replies to the original message were not
entirely necessary, I would not go so far as to consider them "spam". In
any conversation, sometimes people say things you are not interested in
hearing. Being a member of a mailing list is like being a part of many
conversations at once - some of them will be interesting, some will not,
and some will be a mix of both. I don't think it's productive to complain
that you are getting messages you don't want. We all are. That's just how
it is.

I would recommend using sorting rules in your mail client of choice to put
NANOG emails into a dedicated folder. It makes it easier to sort out the
noise.