Unsolicited LinkedIn requests

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Dec 11 21:53:47 UTC 2018

I got the same invite.

Sharing your profile in order to make certain information available to
potential customers, vendors, partners etc, is not an invitation to
connect on the basis of a tenuous-at-best professional tie-in.

I'm firmly in the camp of 'Use LinkedIn to remain connected with people
that I know or have done business with', and unsolicited invitations from
people I don't know are almost universally ignored and/or blocked...
It also tends to flavour my thinking if i'm later in the market for
services similar to those offered by someone who's tried it on in this
manner in the past.

Amazingly I had a sales-type engage with me via InMail just recently,
defending his cold sales approach (spam, basically) when I tried to do the
polite thing and explain why what he was doing was 'bad'.

Mark.