China Showdown Huawei vs ZTE

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Apr 26 12:48:58 UTC 2018

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA10819
https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA10713
https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20180307-cpcp
https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20170405-ame

I think quite careful analysis would be needed to draw any conclusion
if there are statistically relevant difference in security issues.

After I fixed my tinfoil hat with some duct tape, I can say that to me
the ScreenOS particularly doesn't look like just someone forgot some
development backdoor to release software, but rather looks like
someone intentionally sneaked backdoor to software, which doesn't look
like backdoor. But it's hard to say for sure which are incompetency
and which are malice.

--
  ++ytti