Temp at Level 3 data centers

Zachary Winnerman zacharyw09264 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:54:26 UTC 2017

I recall some evidence that 80+F temps can reduce hard drive lifetime,
though it might be outdated as it was from before SSDs were around. I
would imagine that while it may not impact the ability for a server to
handle load, it may reduce equipment lifetime. It also could be an
indication that they lack redundancy in the case of an AC failure. This
could cause equipment damage if the datacenter is unattended and
temperatures are allowed to rise.