Americas II Landing Station (Hollywood, Florida).

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 17:06:20 UTC 2017

don't most of the oceanic cable systems operate basically like:

1) some consortium pays/builds the stations and link(s)
2) that consortium (cabal?) is the only set of providers able to sell on
the link(s)
3) sale on links and provisioning to the links happens away from the
station, and back at 'network pops' owned by the individual consortium
members.

So, if you are a consortium member you already have gear a the station, if
you aren't (and didn't arrange to buy an entire fiber from one consortium
member) you don't get to the station, you get to one of the pops.