DWDM Optics cheaper than CWDM Optics?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 31 18:46:58 UTC 2017

I've bought their DWDM 80km 10gig and they are working beautifully on
a couple amplified circuits with both Cisco and Juniper routers.  I've
also bought gray optics and DACs.  The only issue I've noted with some
QSFP+ DACs is some kind of programming issue where the serial number
is mis-read by some models of our Juniper switches.  Another oddity is
that each end of some of our DACs have a separate serial number...we
just record both in our inventory tracking system.