Akamai and Instagram Ranges

Royce Williams royce at techsolvency.com
Sat Jan 28 15:54:20 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Shahab Vahabzadeh
<sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Hello,
> Can anybody help me to find out IP Address Ranges of Akamai and Instagram?
> I wanna do some optimizations on my cache side?
> Thanks

I do not know the difference between Akamai's corporate blocks and
those used for caching. I also do not know the value of what you're
trying to accomplish.

But searching naively, there are at least 7291 Akamai IP blocks:

http://bgp.he.net/search?search%5Bsearch%5D=AKAMAI-AS&commit=Search

Those 7291 blocks can be summarized on bit boundaries down to 172 blocks:

https://gist.github.com/roycewilliams/31c3eeb030bdd5f557d845c344933c67

Using this approach is a good start, but it cannot be complete. Some
caches are colocated with ISPs and use their IP space.

Royce