Questions on IPv6 deployment

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:17:06 UTC 2017

 Why do not you feel compelled to ask this question?

Did you ask this question when you deployed ipv4?

AFAIK, everyone deploys ipv4 in a unique way. Same for ipv6. IPv6 is not
exotic or filled with unique pitfalls.  A lot of networks have deployed
production networks with ipv6, each one unique, so you don't need to watch
out for that one weird bug ( at least any more than ipv4). So, just like
ipv4, read about the standards, read about vendor implementation that are
close to you, make informed decisions.

My only nugget of advice is to deploy ipv6 in such a way it is not forever
coupled with ipv4.  There will be a day when you deploy ipv6 without ipv4,
this day already came for  Facebook, Comast, T-mobile and others.

I have not read this, but you may find the discussion helpful

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-design-choices-12