Bandwidth Savings

Marty Strong marty at cloudflare.com
Wed Jan 11 21:34:23 UTC 2017

I believe the ISP is located in Trinidad & Tobago.

There are five international submarine cables that land on the island:
- SG-SCS
- Americas-II
- ECFS
- Southern Caribbean Fiber
- ECLink

Of those, 1 go to the closest real interconnectivity hub of Miami, with the others requiring another pair onwards.

ECLink lands in Curaçao, which could give access to AMS-IX Caribbean, which may help with connectivity to content providers, both Akamai and Goole are live and we are in the process of connecting (https://cw.ams-ix.net/connected_parties). Pricing however, is probably just as expensive on that cable than to Miami.

It would be interesting to hear from the OP the rough pricing for connectivity to Miami, vs. elsewhere.

Regards,
Marty Strong
Cloudflare - AS13335
Network Engineer