SoCal FIOS outage(?) / static IP readdressing

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jan 6 22:20:32 UTC 2017

It is interesting to see the differences.  For instance to put my
unit in bridge mode I just logged into it, said bridge mode, and
rebooted it.  That method was actually documented in their business
class FAQ.

I'm sure there are great differences in plant and capabilities.
There's a lot of M&A history and a lot of historical reasons, good
and bad.

In a message written on Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 11:55:56AM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:
> They don’t offer double-play business pricing in my area and, in fact,
> refused to sell me business class TV service in a residential unit. When

On some of the issues like this I wonder if the reason is regulatory.
In the two areas I've checked there is double play business pricing.
In one of them they offered business class TV at residential, or
at least the rep tried to sell it to me.  Its the sort of thing
that just feels like a regulator issue to me.

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org