Software for network modelling / documentation / GIS

Israel G. Lugo israel.lugo at lugosys.com
Fri Feb 24 15:58:02 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 03:58 AM, Hugo Slabbert wrote:
> None of these necessarily get to your ideal state, but at least get
> you going wrt discovery for semi-dynamic documentation.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I've used Netdisco in the past, older 1.x version. It was nice and
useful. I've gone ahead and looked at a recent Netdisco demo and it
looks even better. Doesn't seem to include passive equipment (e.g.
cabling), though, but it might be useful even on its own.

mnet seems to be a bit more rudimentary, more towards basic discovery
indeed.

As for Netdot, I've only ever used it for IPAM, but I will try it.
Perhaps with some plugins it may fit the bill.

Regards,
Israel