Weekly Routing Table Report

Philip Smith pfsinoz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 08:06:27 UTC 2017

Hello Brough,

Very well spotted!! :-)

I finally fixed a problem in my analysis programme which was miscounting
the extended range of 32-bit ASNs (those from 65536 and above). It
wasn't counting them at all in fact, something spotted by one of our
industry colleagues a couple of months back. So the jump is caused by that.

Misery for me now is I have to go back through a few years of daily
reports and figure out when I made the change to cause the breakage. And
rerun everything (sigh).

The other bonus of the fix is that I'm dealing with 32-bit ASNs properly
now - I'm catching the 65536 to 131071 range as bogons, and also
catching any origin ASNs from above 458752 as bogons too.

Thanks!

philip