ARIN legacy block transfer process

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 30 18:57:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Enno Rey <erey at ernw.de> wrote:
> Note also there's voices recommending not to sign an RSA for legacy space (in certain situations, at least), see http://ipv4marketgroup.com/dont-sign-an-rsa-during-your-82-ipv4-transfer/.

Hi Enno,

The article says:

"Never sign an RSA as part of bringing your registry entry up to date,
unless you are in the process of a transfer for an IPv4 sale"

I agree with that statement. But, the situation here *IS* a transfer
for an IPv4 sale. If you want to do the transfer, the originating
registration has to be under a registration services agreement (RSA).
As a legacy registrant, the LRSA is slightly more advantageous than
the regular RSA.

If the legacy registrant is actually in Europe, you might get away
with bypassing ARIN. I wouldn't try it if they aren't.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us