Providing transit to unallocated networks

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Sep 28 00:28:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Alistair Mackenzie <magicsata at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've come across a network which seem to be getting transit yet both the
> ASN and IP space is not allocated by the RIR.

Hi Alistair,

There is still unicast address space that isn't allocated by any RIR?

Seriously though, check all your bases. Is not the space unallocated
by all RIRs or just the one you expect to hold it?  If you have a
transit provider that's not playing by the rules, contact their
transit providers to complain and if you still don't get satisfaction,
I'd name and shame the lot of them. Failure to filter bad actors is
how prefix hijacking happens.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us