BCP38 adoption "incentives"?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Sep 27 14:30:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Zbyněk Pospíchal wrote:

> Dne 27.09.16 v 15:17 Mikael Abrahamsson napsal(a):
>
>> Hm, so the IX operator looks at packets at the IX (sFlow perhaps), see
>> who is sending attack packets, and if they're spoofed, this ISP is then
>> put in "quarantine", ie their IX port is basically now useless.
>
> Definitely not. Try to read first instead of speculations.

The first page was completely devoid of any real technical information
until I found the PDF (which from the color choice doesn't even look like
a link). (https://www.nix.cz/cs/file/NIX_RULES_FENIX)

It's still not obvious what the FENIX connection is used for from that
PDF. It's called "last resort connection". What does that mean?

Apart from that, it looks more like https://www.routingmanifesto.org/ in
that organisations that have joined are stating that they will follow some
operational guidelines (which make a lot of sense), but it's not that much
more technical when it comes to inter-provider traffic.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se