Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Mon Sep 26 23:28:13 UTC 2016

On 9/25/16, 5:57 PM, "NANOG on behalf of Patrick W. Gilmore" <nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of patrick at ianai.net> wrote:
> Yeah, ‘cause that was so successful in the past.
>  Remember University of Wisconsin vs. D-Link and their hard-coded NTP server address?

Ha! Yeah, an oldie but a goodie. Anyway, maybe this time will be different? (I’m an optimist.) FWIW, a few of the list members here are working on a BITAG paper on this – which will likely get some traction in policy/regulatory circles once completed. A simple paper certainly won’t turn the tide but if the paper is finished soon it presents an opportunity to get a bit wider notice & impact than it perhaps otherwise would.

Jason