Request for comment -- BCP38

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Sep 26 16:39:21 UTC 2016

> If we're talking about networks with that kind of MRC, is it really that far
> of a stretch to require PI space for this?  Then again:  If we're talking
> about that kind of MRC, then I'm assuming ISP A can be coaxed to allow
> explicit and well-defined exceptions on the customer's links.

Yes.

A) Check the prices for PI space, if you can even get any.

B) Our network works fine with PA space.  If you claim otherwise, we know
plenty of other operators who aren't as wedged as you are.

Trying to solve technical problems with social solutions rarely works.
See for example, the sad history of passwords.

Regards,