Request for comment -- BCP38

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Mon Sep 26 16:37:05 UTC 2016

On Mon 2016-Sep-26 12:25:58 -0400, John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

>>I myself am talking about the latter and included the option of PI
>>space to cover that (although I guess at some point this can be
>>made fly with PA space from another provider if both providers are
>>willing enough to play ball), though from the $50/mo figure John
>>listed, I'm assuming he's talking about the latter.
>
>Who said $50/mo?

Apparently I need even more caffeine that I first imagined...

If we're talking about networks with that kind of MRC, is it really that
far of a stretch to require PI space for this?  Then again:  If we're
talking about that kind of MRC, then I'm assuming ISP A can be coaxed to
allow explicit and well-defined exceptions on the customer's links.

This discussion started wrt to COTS dual-ISP routers though, as mentioned
in Ken Chase's message, no?  Where I'm assuming we're talking about
mom-and-pop operations rather than a $50K/mo business account.

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal