Krebs on Security booted off Akamai network after DDoS attack proves pricey

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 19:14:30 UTC 2016

> From: jim deleskie <deleskie at gmail.com>
> Sorry but you are mistaken. I've worked at Sr. levels for several LARGE and
> medium sized networks.  What does it cost and what do we make doing it,
> over rules what is "good for the internet" every time it came up.

"nice network you have there, shame if something were to happen to it"

one day they may be the target themselves then they can explain to
shareholders their part in enabling so much business disruption

Sadly it seems there will always be an exploding Pinto on the internet

Perhaps Akamai could present them with a bill for unwanted traffic
as they're monetising ddos they may as well charge both sides and
having dropped Krebs due to the disruption a court may agree damages
too.

brandon