"Defensive" BGP hijacking?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Sep 19 17:16:08 UTC 2016

On Sep 14, 2016, at 4:59 PM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/14/16 3:09 AM, Scott Weeks wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, RPKI.  That's what I was waiting for.  Now we can get to
>>> a real discussion
>> sure as heck not going to sign a legally binding contract saying they do :)
>>
> don't have to... see press.

Chris -

To be clear, he would still end up bound to an agreement which provides that they
indemnify the RIR regarding their RPKI usage (which was the complaint expressed
in the NANOG community regarding ARIN’s RPKI terms and conditions) -

<https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/certification/legal/ripe-ncc-certification-service-terms-and-conditions>
"The Member shall indemnify the RIPE NCC against any and all third party claims filed against the RIPE NCC in relation to the Member’s use of the RIPE NCC Certification Service or the Certificate.”

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO